Owning a car is essential when living here in Chula Vista, CA. Unfortunately, new and used vehicles alike prove to be unreliable all too often. If you’ve recently purchased a car that turned out to be a Lemon, a Chula Vista Lemon Law lawyer can help you collect the compensation you deserve.
In the State of California vehicles that are purchased with warranties are protected by the state’s Lemon Law. A Lemon is a vehicle that has one or multiple defects, which the manufacturer fails to repair despite being given a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If you’ve recently purchased a new or used vehicle that’s spending more time at the repair shop than on the road, it should qualify as a Lemon. So, don’t just accept your bad luck. The California Lemon Law attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. have the experience necessary to help you collect the refund or replacement vehicle that the law says you’re owed.
To get help filing a Lemon Law claim, contact our law office today and schedule a FREE case consultation.
What Does the Lemon Law in Chula Vista, CA Cover?
In California, the Lemon Law protects consumers from being taken advantage of by automobile companies that sell defective vehicles. The law mandates that manufacturers must accept the return of any Lemons they sell. And in exchange, they must provide the consumer with a replacement vehicle or a refund.
Both new and used vehicles are protected by the Lemon Law in California. Just know that the vehicles must be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty at the time of the first failed repair attempt to qualify. Thus, the law won’t cover classic cars or other older used vehicles.
The Lemon Law here in the Golden State is one of the most consumer-friendly laws in the country. It applies to cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, some business-owned vehicles, and even boats. The law even covers certified pre-owned and used vehicles still under a manufacturer’s warranty, which many other states exclude.
Defective vehicles must satisfy the following conditions to be protected by Lemon Law in Chula Vista:
- The gross weight of the vehicle must be less than 10,000 lbs.
- Vehicles must be leased or purchased within California (exceptions for active military).
- Vehicles may not be owned by a person or business with more than 5 vehicles registered in California.
To qualify as a Lemon, vehicles must have a defect or defects that substantially impairs their function, safety, or value. The defect(s) must also be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. And consumers must provide the manufacturer with a “reasonable number” of repair attempts before pursuing a Lemon Law claim.
To satisfy that last condition, Chula Vista residents must provide manufacturers with
- four repair attempts for any one defect;
- two repair attempts for any significant safety defect; OR
- a total of 30 days where the vehicle is out of service for repairs, regardless of the number of defects or repair attempts.
If your vehicle’s defect is still present after these failed repair attempts, it’s a Lemon. So we strongly encourage you to reach out for help collecting the compensation you’ve earned by suffering with your Lemon.
Contact us today to receive a FREE case review.
Common Vehicle Defects
There are a wide variety of defects that could cause your vehicle to qualify as a lemon. Some examples include:
|Traditional Motor Vehicles||Electrical Vehicles|
|● Electrical Problems |
● Engine failures
● Air Bag Defects
● Computer Defects
● Transmission Problems
● Brake Defects
|● Battery Failure |
● Braking System Problems
● Failure to Hold A Charge
● Computer Issues
● General Electrical System Issues
Wondering if you have a Lemon? Take our FREE 60-Second Lemon Test to find out!
What To Do if You Have a Lemon
If you know or suspect you have a Lemon, it’s helpful to keep records to support your claim. Although we can help you obtain any documents you lack, the following tips will make it easier to prove your claim when the time comes.
- When visiting the dealership for repairs, request documentation of what work was done on your vehicle. You are entitled to this information. Such documentation includes repair orders, invoices, part orders, etc.
- Make sure that a complete and accurate description of your vehicle is documented by the service representative.
- Keep your service records and all important documents pertaining to repairs and visits to your dealership in a safe, secure place- not in your car.
- Document all phone conversations you have with your dealership or vehicle manufacturer.
If you haven’t followed the above suggestions, don’t worry. Your claim is no less valid. The above tips will help to accelerate the process, but they aren’t requirements. Whether or not you have complete records for every phone call or repair attempt, if you have a Lemon, we can help.
Contact Us at Krohn & Moss, Ltd.
At Krohn & Moss, Ltd. our experienced attorneys work personally with you to understand your situation and the history of your vehicle. We have ample experience handling Lemon Law cases in Chula Vista and across the country. And our team is dedicated to helping our clients secure the recoveries they deserve.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 25 Years of Experience Turning “Lemons” into “Lemon-Aid”
- Over 50,000 Success Stories Nationwide
- An Accomplished, Trustworthy Law Firm
- Experienced Attorneys
- Responds to All Inquiries within 24 Hours
- We Always Seek Maximum Compensation for Our Clients
We have helped over 10,000 Californians protect their rights and obtain compensation for their defective vehicles. If you’ve recently purchased a Lemon, contact our law firm today and schedule a free case review with one of our Chula Vista Lemon Law attorneys. Our team is here to help you get back on the road as soon as possible.
You can learn more about the Lemon Law in Chula Vista and throughout California by visiting any of our other pages on the topic:
If you’d prefer someone to review your specific situation, reach out for a FREE CASE REVIEW. Alternatively, our 60-Second Lemon Test can tell you whether or not your vehicle might qualify as a Lemon almost instantly.
How to handle your Lemon is up to you. But if you’d like help collecting what you’re owed, Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center has the knowledge and experience to do just that. Touch base with us today so we can get started on your case.