Put some of the nation’s most experienced California Lemon Law attorneys to work for you!
If you are experiencing problems with your new or used vehicle in the State of California, you are fortunate to have one of the nation’s strongest lemon laws on your side. The Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, California Civil Code Section 1793.2, commonly known as the "California Lemon Law" provides broad protection to California consumers and an effective means to get rid of your defective Lemon Law vehicle. Contact Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center®, to find out if you qualify for some form of relief under the California State Lemon Law.
You may be entitled to a refund or replacement under Lemon Law in California if the problems with your vehicle started during the manufacturer’s warranty.
While the Lemon Law in California requires a consumer to provide a vehicle manufacturer with a reasonable number of attempts to repair a defect that substantially impairs the use, value, or safety of a vehicle, the repair opportunities may extend throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. Unlike the lemon laws of other states that require a consumer to tender the vehicle for repair 3 or 4 times in the vehicle’s first 12, 18, or 24 months in order to even bring about a claim, the law requires only that the consumer provide the manufacturer with a reasonable opportunity to repair the vehicle during the manufacturer’s warranty. Any additional repair attempts may occur after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. This way, if you experience a problem early in the lifetime of your vehicle and it comes back later, you are not left without recourse. However, if your problems did happen to arise early during your ownership of the vehicle, you may be entitled to a legal presumption under the California State Lemon Law that your vehicle is a lemon.
Specifically, if you have provided the manufacturer, through its authorized dealerships, with 4 opportunities to repair a defect in your vehicle or the vehicle has been out of service for repair for a total of 30 or more days, within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of your ownership, then California state law presumes your car is a lemon. Whether you meet this legal presumption or not, so long as you have afforded the manufacturer a reasonable number of attempts to repair your vehicle during your entire ownership of the vehicle, you may be eligible to recover, at your option, a refund for your purchase or a replacement vehicle of comparable value. A lemon law attorney in California can help you determine whether you have a case.
The California Lemon Law applies to:
- All new, used, or “demo” motor vehicles, including motorcycles, boats or motor homes
- Consumer goods, including home appliances, computers, televisions and spas
- Vehicles purchased or leased in California intended to be used primarily on public roads
- Vehicles used for business purposes where there are less than five vehicles registered to the business and the vehicle has a declared gross vehicle weight of less than ten thousand (10,000) pounds
The California Lemon Law attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® have helped thousands of California residents pursue a claim.
Our Lemon Law attorneys will counsel you on your rights under the California Lemon Law and will advise you of all steps that must be taken to put yourself in the best possible position to get the vehicle’s manufacturer to take back your sour lemon. If you have already provided the manufacturer, through its dealers, with a total of 4 or more attempts to repair your vehicle, or your vehicle has been out of service for 30 or more days, contact the attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center®. We have successfully represented thousands of California consumers with Lemon Law vehicle claims and can help you to do the following:
- Provide proper written notice to the vehicle’s manufacturer of the problems with your vehicle
- Attempt to amicably resolve your case without the need for litigation
- Apply for arbitration with any vehicle manufacturer that has an arbitration program certified by the California Department of Consumer Affairs Arbitration Certification Program
- File a Complaint at Law and litigate your case if that becomes necessary
- And most importantly, we will stand by you every step of the way in an effort to help you get rid of your defective vehicle
If you are ready for help in pursuing your potential lemon law case and want to get rid of your lemon - call 1-800 USLEMON® (800-875-3666) toll free to reach Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® for your FREE initial consultation with an experienced California Lemon Law attorney! You may also submit your information online for your free case evaluation.