When should you file a complaint?
A Texas Lemon Law complaint must be filed with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles not later than 6 months after the earliest of:
- The expiration of the express warranty period
- 24 months or 24,000 miles following the date of delivery of the vehicle to the original owner
When does your vehicle entitle you to Texas Lemon Law protection?
The Texas Occupations Code states that unless proved otherwise by the manufacturer or the dealership, you are entitled to Texas lemon law protection if the same issue:
- Persists even after being repaired four or more times; or
- Can endanger the lives of the passengers in it; or
- Substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle; or
- Confines the vehicle to the mechanic’s shed for a total of 30 or more days, for want of repairs; and
- You have notified the manufacturer in writing and given a final opportunity to repair.
The Texas lemon law came into effect in 1975 and it was based on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The Texas lemon law regulates warranties and enforcement guidelines for new motor vehicles. The Texas lemon law usually refers to an administrative proceeding of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
The State, Federal and Local laws are always revised to meet the legislative needs of the people in Texas. To know your Texas lemon law rights, consult the Texas lemon law attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center®
The Texas lemon law attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® are experienced at handling Texas lemon law claims for consumers in the State of Texas. They stay informed on the newest legal developments with relation to the Texas lemon law and have successfully handled hundreds of Texas lemon law claims for lemon automobiles and other consumer products in Texas. Since 1995, Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center®has built an infallible reputation for obtaining the best possible results for their lemon law clients. In fact, approximately 97 percent of the Texas lemon law cases handled by the attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® settle without having to go to trial.
As the Texas lemon law attorneys at Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® we can help you:
- To attempt to resolve your case prior to the need to file a lawsuit
- Arrange an arbitration with the lemon manufacturer before an administrative law judge
- File a civil lawsuit against the manufacturer and/or dealership on your behalf for the protection of your Texas lemon law rights
- Pursue your Texas lemon law case against the manufacturer to get a refund of your money, replacement vehicle or cash compensation, if applicable
If you are ready for help in pursuing your potential lemon law case and want to get rid of your lemon – call 1-800 USLEMON® (800-875-3666) toll free to reach Krohn & Moss, Ltd. Consumer Law Center® for your FREE initial consultation! Or submit your information online for your free case evaluation.